Seward County Community College is a quality learning-centered institution that believes: A well-educated citizenry is a responsible citizenry. Knowledge is dynamic and evolutionary; Education and learning are lifelong activities; Higher education is an investment in future societies, and the college plays a major role in this endeavor. Every human being is valuable regardless of gender, age, race, creed, cultural background, socioeconomic status, knowledge, or physical and emotional adjustment. Individuals are unique and deserve the opportunity to develop their optimum potential for learning and living. and The college, as an integral community component, responds to the interests and needs of the community.
Seward County Community College will offer:
- COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY TRANSFER courses and programs that will assure a quality higher education curriculum to meet the needs of students who wish to transfer to other colleges and universities.
- CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION that will assure programs meet the occupational objectives and the needs of a changing work force.
- GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES that contribute to the student's educational and cultural growth.
- CONTINUING EDUCATION/COMMUNITY SERVICES including off-campus activities, adult basic education, continuing education, work-force development, use of facilities, and cultural opportunities.
- STUDENT SERVICES that will address the financial needs of students and enhance the educational, physical, social, and cultural qualities of students through counseling services, housing and food services, academic advising, student government and other activities.
- DEVELOPMENTAL EDUCATION that will assure that the institution identifies individual needs, appropriate courses, and tutoring to help each student succeed.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT by providing institutional leadership in promoting economic development in the region;
- ASSESSMENT that will assure student educational achievement and growth through appropriate, systematic and periodic measurement.
- INTEGRITY that will assure institutional honesty in our practices and relationships.
The College will address its mission through a commitment to employee development and effective methods of creating awareness, addressing diversity, advancing technology, assessing student learning, and advocating workforce development.
OUR INSTITUTIONAL CORE VALUES
Using input from more than 250 employees, gathered through surveys and discussion groups in 2015, the College has identified five Core Values: Trust, Integrity, Valuing Others, Student Success, and Quality. These core values underpin all College endeavors, and serve as the driving force behind the "Five Directions" initiatives selected as priorities by the Executive Team.