1. Complete application forms and health record form.
2. Obtain three references (See guidelines in application packet)
3. Take ASSET entrance exam or submit your Enhanced ACT scores.
4. Submit an official high school transcript or GED scores.
5. Submit an official college transcript(s), if applicable.
6. Schedule an interview with the Financial Aid Director regarding financial aid.
7. Interview with a Surgical Technology faculty member.
8. Be admitted by the Allied Health Admission Committee.
Applicants should apply beginning Dec. 1. SCCC accepts a class annually, with classes beginning in August. Selection criteria and procedures for the Surgical Technology program are available to all prospective applicants.
Seward County Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or handicap in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities.
A requirement for admission to the Surgical Technology program at Seward County Community College is reasonable proficiency in written and spoken English. Not only is adequate proficiency necessary to benefit from instruction, clear oral and written communication is a safety issue in the clinical setting.
The test used to measure English proficiency and required minimum scores identified by the Kansas State Board of Nursing are:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) = 490
Test of Spoken English (TSE) = 220 (or 45 on the revised scoring scale)
Applicants to the Surgical Technology program for whom English is a second language should contact the Kansas State Board of Nursing (913-296-4929) for additional information.
A TOEFL/TSE representative may be contacted at:
Test of English as a Foreign Language
PO Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151
Telephone: 609-771-7100 <or> 1-800-275-1391
The person(s) responsible for the implementation of this policy is/are the applicant and the program coordinator. The policy will be implemented when the individual for whom English is not the primary language makes such a decision.