Please turn in your application for graduation, degree check, and alumni association sheet to the Registrar's Office by the following dates: Friday, September 30, 2016 for Fall 2016 Graduation or Tuesday, November 29, 2016 for Spring, Summer, and Fall 2017 Graduation.
The commencement ceremony will take place on Saturday, May 6, 2017. Students meeting the requirements for graduation should participate in commencement and numerous other graduation activities. In order to participate in graduation exercises, the following is required of students:
1. Fill out the graduation application electronically, then print it out and take it to your advisor. If you are unsure of which boxes to check, visit with your advisor.
2. A degree check, completed by your advisor, must accompany the graduation application. The registrar will verify the degree check and will notify your advisor of any classes you may still need in order to graduate; your advisor will notify you of any deficiencies by the last day to enroll in January.
3. A diploma fee of $15.00 must be paid to the cashier before the graduation application is submitted.
4. All applications must be signed by your advisor and you.
CHECK WITH YOUR ADVISOR IN JANUARY TO SEE IF THERE ARE CLASSES YOU STILL NEED TO COMPLETE YOUR DEGREE.
*A student must be within nine (9) credit hours of completing graduation requirements in order to participate in the commencement ceremony. Exceptions are made for some certificate programs. The date on the diploma will be the semester and year that all requirements are met.
*A regalia fee must be paid in the Saints Bookstore. Regalia includes cap/gown/tassel and hood (hood for Associate Degree candidates only). Honor graduates will be assessed a fee for the gold honor cord. Fees are to be paid at the Saints Bookstore between February 14, 2017, and February 24, 2017, when orders and measurements are taken for the cap and gown. Regalia may be picked up on May 1, 2017.
Students who are unable to participate in the Commencement ceremony must submit a letter to the Registrar's office, explaining the circumstances prohibiting attendance.
Note the following general information about graduation requirements from Seward County Community College with an Associate in Arts Degree, an Associate in Science Degree, an Associate in General Studies, or an Associate in Applied Science Degree:
· a minimum of 64 credit hours completed (developmental courses will not count toward fulfilling degree requirements)
· a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.0
· a minimum of 15 residential credit hours
· completion of graduate assessments
Certificate of Completion programs have various requirements including, specific courses, credit hour totals, and clock hour totals.
All Associate degree and Certificate of Completion graduates are required to participate in graduate assessments held annually each spring. Diplomas and transcripts will not be released until required assessments are completed
Specific degree and certificate requirements are listed in the college catalog and can also be obtained from the Registrar's Office, the Admissions Office, or an advisor.
Graduation with Honors
"Graduation with Honors" shall be determined by the following grade points as accumulated on a student's cumulative earned Grade Point Average (GPA) through the semester prior to graduation:
· Summa Cum Laude 3.85 - 4.00
· Magna Cum Laude 3.65 - 3.84
· Cum Laude 3.50 - 3.64
The final semester grades are calculated in the final GPA for the purpose of graduation with honors which will then be recorded on the student's Official Transcript.Students who are designated as Honor Graduates (at least a 3.5 GPA) may wear Honor Cords at the graduation ceremony.