seward county community college

If you are planning to transfer to SCCC from a regionally accredited college or university, you are eligible for admission if you are eligible to re-enter the institution last attended and you meet the admission requirements of SCCC. Official transcripts from all previous institutions attended must be received and evaluated prior to being officially admitted and enrolled at SCCC. 
Transfer Policy and Procedures:

If you are planning to transfer to a four-year or an advanced technical program, then you should start planning immediately. The following are recommendations for students who will be transferring:

Find out about the school of your choice; what are the admission requirements, scholarship requirements, deadlines? Inquire about specific programs of study and transferability of SCCC  courses. You may check transferability of classes to other institutions by clicking here.

Discuss your plans with your advisor. Meet with a representative from your prospective college. Visit the campus. Call ahead for an appointment so that you can get a guided tour. Have a list of questions ready. Ask about financial assistance and apply. Find about housing and make application. Official transcripts from SCCC will need to be sent.

The college or university that you transfer to will determine the acceptance of SCCC credits; this determination varies by college, major and degree. While a college may accept courses from SCCC, the courses may not count as meeting the requirements for a specific degree. Any recommendations from SCCC  advisors about transfer requirements at other colleges should not be the only source of advisement. Ultimately, the college receiving the courses will determine transfer credit. It is always the student’s final responsibility on course selection.

The Kansas Board of Regents approves new courses each year, guaranteed to transfer among all Kansas public postsecondary institutions. From College Algebra and English Composition I & II, to Public Speaking and Art History I & II, a student who completes a course listed as a guaranteed transfer course at any Kansas public community college, technical college, or university can be certain that he or she can transfer that course to any other Kansas public institution in pursuit of a degree or credential.

Visit for more information.

Students who transfer to a Kansas public university from a Kansas public community college or technical college are eligible for automatic Reverse Transfer, which allows for the attainment of any associate degree for which one is eligible along the way to additional certificates and degrees.

Within a student’s first semester, those who transfer coursework from a community college or technical college to a public university will be notified if they are eligible to be considered for reverse transfer degree status, and which courses are needed to finish the related degree. Students who then complete the coursework for a given associate degree will be eligible to receive that degree, administered automatically by correspondence between the new institution and the community college or technical college the student last attended

Visit for more information.