seward county community college
Color leaf

Financial Aid Office


To receive a student loan, a student must be enrolled in six (6) credit hours and be degree seeking from an institution of higher learning.

Subsidized & Unsubsidized Loans

William D. Ford Federal Direct Loans can be available to you if you fall under certain criteria. Student must have a completed FAFSA and be awarded their Financial Aid.

Learn More

Parent Plus Loans

The Direct PLUS loan is an unsubsidized loan for the parents of dependent students and for graduate/professional students. PLUS Loans help pay for educational expenses up to the cost of attendance minus all other financial assistance. Interest is charged during all periods.

Learn More

External Loans

Private student loans originate with a bank, credit union or online lender — unlike federal student loans that are handled by the federal government.

You can use both federal and private loans to pay for school, but federal loans are usually a better choice. A private loan could be your next option if federal student loans aren’t available to you.

Learn More